Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Heartwarming Tale for Easter

I had always gotten good marks in school and generally stayed out of trouble. That all ended when I was in the eighth grade. The first of these two descriptors I destroyed was staying out of trouble by stealing the answers to a test, but this isn't about that, this is what happened when I got an F in my math class. Now I had never been terribly good at math but I had always gotten decent grades and was able to get by with little to no problems, but in eighth grade I felt a bit like rebelling and not doing my homework for a while. This caused an untimely drop in my GPA and of course angered my mother. This was a time before the Wii so the only things my mother knew about video games were
A. I loved them dearly and
B. I played them when I should have been doing homework.

From these two ideas it isn't hard to predict what she did next, and that was take my Gamecube away from me and put it into the garage. This has taunted me for the last 5 years. Each day as I walk out I see my fallen comrade there sitting stoically on the shelf gathering dust sitting, waiting, and accepting the sacrifice that he made on my behalf. This was the brother who I had begged and pleaded for from one christmas to another, the same brother who kept me company when I fell ill and couldn't go on the big class field trip. I had abandoned him.

This injustice will no longer he tolerated! I have taken him back into the house and have tended to his wounds, cleaning him and dusting every nook and cranny on his incredibly boxy figure. He sits with me now, watching me as I type this, looking much like a previously abused puppy glad to be back inside his adopted family's house, curled up by the fire softly dreaming about things to come.

Happy Easter Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment